Friday, August 14, 2015

Great First Day

Do you get the first day jitters?  I know I certainly do.  Even though I am in my 8th year of teaching I still get nervous about the first day back.  I just want everything to go perfect and my students to love school!  Our first day back was certainly a success.  My favorite part was definitely the school scavenger hunt.  We broke into teams and went around the building taking group pictures and selfies with some of our favorite and most helpful people....principals, staff, nurse, etc.  Check out our fun!

We always start our morning with circle up.  We like to get to know each other.  Relationship building is an important life skill!  Someone gets to hold the talking stick and share how they are today on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best), what they did last night, and what they ate for dinner.

Group Pic!!!!

Silly Pic!!!!

One of my partners in teaching....Mrs. Higdon


First day pic of the teacher!

We just love our peer tutors.  Although Marco graduated last year and is about to head off to UK, he stopped by to see the students and wish us luck on a great year!

A little afternoon Karaoke....

Merek brought his dancing shoes!









Mrs. Anderson in the attendance office

Mr. Ray....head custodian!

Mr. Brown, assistant principal

We even found Superintendent Owen Saylor on our scavenger hunt!

Mr. Broughton


Group pic with the Eagle

More of Mr. Ray


Photobombing Mrs. Jackie in the guidance office!

Gotta love the school nurse!

Starting the year off right reading a book!


More with Mr. Broughton and Mr. Dych

Check out our peer tutor friend, Jacyln, and her duck face selfie with Mr. Ray

1 comment:

  1. Wow...those were some really fun pics! What a great first day you had for them Sara!

    ReplyDelete